Academy at Sisters
It was founded in 1995
The length of the program last about 12 to 18 months .
Beside the girls program the owners - J Bar J Youth services also runs a program for boys called J Bar J Boys Ranch, an out-reach program named Cascade Youth & Family Center, a horse show and an activity called Big Brothers Big Sisters 
The program use a level system. The teenage girls start at the Lodge Campus . Here the focus is the therapy enforced by isolation from peers together with extended family and manual labor  to wear the teenage girl down to an emotional breakthrough can be achieved.
Once they reach certain goals set up by the program they transfer to the Read Campus .
They are acredited by Northwest Association of Accredited Schools, which was involved in a scandal in the state of New York where a school had issued high school diplomas without the necessary state authorizations. The work with a local High School in the La-pine School district According to the homepage education in a high school environment is only offered at the read campus .
- Actress Stella 
In relationship with the legislation process of the HR 911, parents commented on the situation of their daughters 
March 2010 the main campus was hit by a small fire. It didn't result in greater damage 
During the summer of 2010 civil rights organizations in several countries turned their attention to this school based on the detention without trial of a teenager who approached the Fornits message board for help. However cultural differences and tradition in methods used has made the campaign difficult . A facebook group has been set up prevent this girl from being at risk of ending up on the victim lists  
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: HEAL-online lists on program under suspicion of being abusive
- Info: FICA list of program under suspicion of being abusive
Alumni discussion groups
- Forum: Copper Canyon Academy , AZ & The Academy at Sisters, OR??, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: The Academy at Sisters, OR, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Academy at Sisters, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Re: Mount Bachelor Academy Shut Down, a post on a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: A 15 year old Hillsboro girl is about to be locked up at a correctional boarding school, a thread on Youthrights message boards
- Forum: Save a Hillsboro girl from a isolated boarding school near Bend,Oregon, a thread on the message board of Asfar (Americans for a Society Free from Age Restrictions)
- The Silvis campus on Google maps
- Program records on NATSAP
- The area around the Lodge campus on Google maps
- Bar J Youth Services
- Campuses, homepage of the facility
- Academy at Sisters Boarding School Builds Accessible Trail, press-release on prlog.org
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT, Academy at Sisters
Disclosure to Schools. The Academy may disclose Student’s records to the Bend-La Pine
School District, or to any other educational institution or school district
the Academy, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
- Where are the girls from 2000-2002ish, a thread on a Myspace group of girls who have been through the program
- H.R. 5876, The Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2008
Like Joyce my daughter was put in the Academy at Sisters by her father. I fought in the courts to get her out but these places will lie and turn the kids against the parent trying to protect them. They are cults. The staff is untrained, frequently are "survivors" of these programs who can't make it in the real world and they makes decisions about these kids that can impact their futures. The accreditation organization (NATSAP) is a joke-a paper tiger. They have standards these places agree to follow such as having a grievance procedure for the students and allowing a "diversity" of opinion but there are no consequences for non-compliance. It's amazing that more training and licensing is required for someone to cut my hair or do a manicure than is required for someone working with troubled youth.
- Microwave Sparks Small Bend Fire, by, Glenn Vaagen, My Central Oregon, March 25, 2010
- Academy at Sisters, a thread on the fornits message board
- Sometime fight for human rights feels like a lost cause, Secret Prisons for Teens blog, July 14, 2010
- Programs Anonymous, Facebook
- Citizens in the United States are concerned, Minors in residential placement research center, August 24, 2010