Forskel mellem versioner af "Alldredge Wilderness Journey"
(→External Links: added link)
m (1 revision)
Versionen fra 23. apr 2008, 19:14
Alldredge Wilderness Journey is a behavior modification program using the wilderness therapy concept.
It was founded in 1999.
They also used the name Alldredge Academy, but have ceased properly due to a death.
The program last about 60 days on average.
They can detain 60 teenagers of both genders.
The have two phase in the program. The first one is called Search and Rescue. The hike while being taught a lot of skills.
The next phase is called the Village. There they move into a primitive residential setting where they participate in group training projects.
In the news
Ryan Lewis - 14 years of age at that time - hanged himself at the program in 2001. This parents brought a lawsuit on which they won .
- 1) Program data on NATSAP
- 2) SON DIES AT WILDERNESS CAMP, PARENTS SUE, CHARLES SHUMAKER, THE CHARLESTON GAZETTE, 12/20/2002 (Reprint from Internation Survivor Action Committee
- 3) Support eases pain of suicide, By STEPHANIE BARRY, The Republican, November 18 2007
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: The old homepage
- Info: [ http://edworkforce.house.gov/testimony/101007PaulLewisTestimony.pdf Testimony of Paul Lewis Father of Ryan C. Lewis]
- Survivor group: Group for people, who has been at a wilderness program and have survived to tell their story, Myspace
- Forum: SOLACIUM Holdings LLC, a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the program
Watch organization status
This facility is on the watchlist of International Survivor Action Committee