Alternative Youth Adventures
Alternative Youth Adventures was a wilderness therapy program that offered behavior modification. It was located near in Montrose in Colorado.
In the news
In 2001 another branch of the program located in Utah experienced a riot 
On May 2 2007 a 15 year old teenager - Caleb Jensen - died in the program. The program claimed that "bad circumstances" caused the death, but his diary, which the staff had access to showed that his suffering started on April 23 
July 2008 charges where filed against several staffmembers .
When the official investigation halted the mother filed a civil suit .
- Info: Caleb Jensen Blog, blog run by CAICA
- Info: Memorial site for Caleb Jensen
- Info: Mother seeks answers to son's death from wilderness youth camp, an article on a typical marketing site for teen prisons.
- Info: Americas shame 2007, Page on the Yahoo group Human Rights USA
- Info: Colorado Hall of Shame
- Info: Memory of Children in treatment 2006, list of death children
- Survivor group: Group for survivors of wilderness program, who are alive to tell their story, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Wilderness Program Graduates, Facebook
- Survivor Group: I Survived Wilderness, Facebook
- Forum: Indictments Against AYA in Jensen's Murder, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Utah Teen dies in Colorado Wildernes Therepy Program, a thread on Fornits webforum
- ALTERNATIVE YOUTH ADVENTURES (AYA), Visitreport from strugglingteens.com (Industry marketing firm)
- End of an Era, Blog by a former employee
- Officials investigate youth camp mutiny, Amarillo Globe-News & Amarillo.com, July 31 2001
Project Nospank does also have a reprint of this incident mentioning a death in the unrelated ABSRA: Youth Camp Mutiny Investigated, By P. Solomon Banda, Associated Press Writer, The Indianapolis Star, July 30 2001
- Bad circumstances’ claimed teen, by Katharhynn Heidelberg, Montrose daily press, August 26 2008
Copy: Bad circumstances’ claimed teen, Webpage of Coalition Against Institutionalized Child Abuse (CAICA - competitor))
- Utah kids return from youth camp, Camera & dailycamera.com, May 13 2007
- Charges filed over teenager's death at camp, Rocky Mountain News, July 17 2008
- Utah doctor enters plea in wilderness therapy case, by Colleen Locke, News9 KUSA-TV, September 7 2008
- Not guilty plea in Montrose camp death, By The Associated Press, Denver Post, September 7 2008
- Mom sues over son's '07 death in wilderness program, TMCnews, January 23 2009