Atlantis placed in Naestved, Denmark was a youth shelter for children aged between 7-18.
It was closed down in 2006 due to claims about abuse 
In the news
A married couple discovered three children aged between 8 and 11 walking alone along a dark high way some 10 kilometers outside the town of Naestved. Investigation showed that they are forced to march in the night being dropped by the staff outside the town as punishment .
Further investigation revealed claims of similar abuse going back many years 
The manager and founder did resign in an attempt of prevent the facility to be closed , but the authories had lost faith in the facility and decided to close it.
- Info: Farimagsvej 53, Info about the building the facility was housed in
- Info: Børn på lang stroppetur som straf, Denmarks Radio, May 24 2006
- Info: Små børn på stroppetur som straf, BT, May 24 2006
- Info: Atlantis, Minder fra en haard tid whistleblower blog
- Forum: Omsorgsvikt i Næstved, thread on Radio Godhavnborn
- Forum: tvangsfjernelse af mine 2 børn., a thread on the message board of LADK mentioning the facility
- Amtet lukker institutionen Atlantis, (The authorities closes Altantis), by Lene Andreassen, TV2 news, September 1 2006
- Små børn på stroppetur som straf, (Small children on forced march as punishment), TV2 news, May 25 2006
- Svage børn svigtes, (Children let down), TV2 News, June 18 2006
- Atlantis-leder siger op, (Manager resigns), by Michael Breum, TV2 News, July 10 2006