Bergens Guttehjem (The boys home in Bergen) was a group home placed at Garnes near the town of Bergen in Norway. The operation was closed down in 1973 . The original facility burned down in 1983 . The fire which was started in the office of the principal was not fully investigated.
A report covering parts of years in operation was released in 2006 
|This facility used|
At least 3 children has died during the operation of this particular group home. One of boys died due to complications from being birched with a rod which have been lying in salt .
In the news
In 2012 it was revealed that vitale documents concerning the children had been removed by the local authorities. Problems had been reported as early as from 1956. An investigation is ongoing. 
- Info: Memoirs of an Immigrant, Amazon Bookstore by Olof A. Eriksen, The book mentions the group home several times, ISBN-10: 1432710141
- Info: Røsten fra Stord sviktet barnehjemsofre, by Christer Johansson, Nettmagasinet SFM, November 22, 2011
- Info: Aapent brev til tidligere elever ved Bergens Guttehjem Nettmagasinet SFM, July 10, 2008
- Info: Når sannheten blir for tøff!, Nettmagasinet SFM
- Forum: Beryktet ”barnehjem” drev helt ulovlig, a thread on the Danish message board - borgerdebat
- Bergens guttehjem, Garnes, Bergen central archive
- Guttehjemmet brenner…, Fotomuseum Bergen
- RAPPORT fra Granskingsutvalget for barneverninstitusjoner i Bergen, July 23, 2006, Print-editions: : Fagbokforlaget Vigmostad og Bjørk ISBN-10: 82-303-0054-2http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/No9.gif
- Tyranniet, by Kjell Hilt Thevik, Nettmagasinet SFM, July 19, 2006
- Beryktet ”barnehjem” drev helt ulovlig, by Jan Hansen, Nettmagasinet SFM, February 7, 2012