Forskel mellem versioner af "Bethesda home for girls"
(→External Links: added survivor groups)
m (1 revision)
Versionen fra 23. apr 2008, 19:15
Bethesda Girls Home was a behavior modification facility located on 196 Blue Lake Road Petal, Mississippi 39465 .
It remains unclear when the facility closed but an article in New York Times claimed that it was around 1980.
The program worked like most of the Roloff homes on the basis of strict rules, isolation from the families and corporal punishment. 
Pregnant girls, who was committed to these facilities due to their pregnancy being an embarrassment to their family were often forced to give their child up for adoption. One of these typical cases can be learned about in an adoption forum. 
I have always wondered about my older 1/2 brother. My mom was sent to the Roloff Bethesda Girls Home in Hattiesburg, MS when she was 16 (in 1973 or 1974). All she has ever told me is that he was adopted by missionairies...she thinks. I am curious to know how he is. If you could be him and you feel comfortable, please email me at ....
In the news
In 1980 the authorities raided the facility .
- 1) The facility on Flash Earth
- 2) How I Shut Down My Christian School, interview with Blackbird Willow.
- 3) 11/21..Hattiesburg, MS...Bethesda Girls Home, sister seeking brother, Adoption.com forums.
- 4) In a Small Southern Town, a Church And Child Welfare Officials Do Battle, By RONALD SMOTHERS, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES, The New York Times, June 16 - 1988
- Info: Acting on faith: A look inside reform school in Missouri, By Matthew Franck, Post-Dispatch, November 17 2002 (Reprint from The Rick A. Ross Institute for the study of destructive cults, controversial groups and movements.
- Info: Moms love is forever Support group on Yahoo for Stolen Babies, Exiled Parents, and Siblings missing brothers and sisters to provide support and healing to those who were affected by forced and coerced adoption.
- Info: HOME'S EX-INMATES TELL OF BEATINGS, By REGINALD STUART, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Survivor Groups: roloff-sistersurvivorssupport_rebekah-bethesda, Yahoo groups
- Forum: Bethesda Home for Girls, a tread on Fornits Webforum