Bromley Brook School
Bromley Brook School is located on 2595 Depot Street, Manchester Center, Vermont 05255 . The facility takes girls only between 12 and 17 years of age. The adolescents are detained there for an average of 12 months.
It was opened in 2004 and has rooms for 75 detainees .
It is owned by Aspen Education Group.
The girls live in a bedroom with up to three other girls and they have to share a bathroom. There are two dorm with 32 girls. 
The facility states on their homepage:
Bromley Brook School is a Recognized Independent School in the Department of Education in the State of Vermont. As such, our curriculum is approved by the State, facilitating appropriate credit transfer to other schools across the country. Our High School Diplomas are recognized by the State of Vermont.
Parents should however be aware that other states seems to have a higher standard regarding the level of education as the treads on fornits and Cafety informs of problems about using the school papers in their home state.
The family can communicate with their daughter by weekly phonecalls, letters or email. It is not clear whether these are monitored like it is standard by most AEG programs. The daughter is restricted from communicating with other than members of her old household until she has progressed far enough in the program.
The family can visit their daughter one time per months and during some activities. The daughter can also go on home visits 4 times per year, if she has progressed far enough in the program.
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: A Business Built on the Troubles of Teenagers, by LOUISE STORY, New York Times, august 17 2005
- Info: Bromley Brook teacher charged with sex crimes, By Patrick McArdle, Rutland Herald, December 14, 2009
- Info: Stephen Peters, Bad Bad Teacher
- Forum: Fornits Aspen Group forum
- Forum: Bromley Brook, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: "Your shit is our bread and butter", a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility
- Forum: Tread on Community Alliance for the Fair and Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: spen Education Group: Any former students?, a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility
- Forum: Looking for Becca, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Man charged with assaulting students - The Manchester Journal - Topix
- Forum: UPDATE: Obama's Safe Schools Czar Tied to Lewd Readings for 7th Graders..., a thread on It's happening Forum mentioning the facility
- Forum: Tales of Bromley Brook, a thread on Fornits webforum
- The facility on Google Maps
- Programs details on NATSAP
- frequently asked questions, student questions
- Man charged with assaulting students, by Keith Whitcomb Jr., Bennington Banner, December 14, 2009
Bromley Brook staff member charged with assaulting students, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Former teacher pleads guilty in teen sex case, By PATRICK McARDLE, Rutland Herald, April 9, 2010