Challenger Foundation was the first wilderness therapy program which integrated boot camps methods to the original wilderness therapy concept. This new mixture became the basis for wilderness therapy as it is used today.
The program was founded by Steve Cartisano.
The program lasted 63 days. A website is dedicated to these 63 days 
In the news
Kristin Chase died during a hike. The settlement and the investigations following this death made the program close 
- Info: Wilderness Tragedy, by Lon Woodbury, strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm
- Info: Brat Camp, a tread on Sociopranos where a survivor makes a statement about his experience
- Survivor group: Group for survivors of wilderness program, who are alive to tell their story, Myspace
- Forum: Challenger, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: 63days.com Challenger Foundation, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Distant-Drums AKA Skyline Journey, a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the program
- Forum: OK, here's your chance.....Fark, a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the program