Darrington Academy was placed on 1580 Appalachian Hwy, Blue Ridge, Georgia 30513. It was the former Fannin Inn Motel.
International Survivor Action Committee had investigated this facility very meticulous and it seemed that the official marketing material has been through a process of photomontage because the grassy areas did not exist . Also the satellite image on the right does not display these areas .
During 2006 there were rumors about illegal workers present on the facility. Darrington did open 2004. It was the same year that Casa by the Sea was closed by the Mexican authorities due to suspicion of child abuse, so it could have been conceivable that some of the workers had transferred themselves to Darrington .
According to a thread two detainees escaped the facility on August 13 2008 
Sometime adjusting to life after leaving the facility can be hard .
On March 2 2009 it was announced that the academy was closing . At the time of the closure there was an on-going investigation, which started with a raid by the authorities in February 2009. May 2009 it became public that a staffmember was charged with aggravated battery and simple battery. .
A grand jury in Georgia indicted the staff member on felony charges of aggravated battery, invasion of privacy, and four counts of first degree cruelty to children 
- ISAC on Darrington Academy
- The facility on Google Maps
- Thread about foreign workers on Darrington Academy
- 2 kids escape from darrington academy, Topix Blog
- Marc Epstein (17) drowned after crashing his new Toyota Scion into a canal, Mydeathspace.com, September 11 2007
- Darrington closes doors, The News Observer, March 2 2009
- Gone for Good, a thread on the Anti-wwasp message board
- Darrington Academy: finally closed, a thread on the Fornits message board
- School official arrested, by Brian K. Finnicum, The News Observer Online, May 25 2009
A leading staffmember charged with assault, a thread on the anti-wwasp message board
Darrington Academy - staffmember charged with assault, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Former Whittell dean indicted in Georgia, by Scott Neuffer, The Record Courier, December 6, 2009