Daystar Residential, Inc.
Daystar Residential, Inc. is a residential treatment center located on 3926 Bahler Avenue, Manvel, Texas .
The targetgroup is both male and female children aged between 3 and 22.
Among the issues the facility can treat the website mentions :
- Mental retardation,
- Hearing impairment
- Severe emotional disorders.
The facility has an inhouse-school named Shiloh NPS .
In 1993 Dawn Perry died at the facility 
In 2001 16 year old Stephanie Duffield died at the facility 
In 2002 16 year old LaTasha Bush died at the facility 
June 2010 it was reported that the staff forced developmentally disabled girls to fight one another for a snack in 2008 .
November 2010 16 year old Michael Keith Owens died at the facility . As result of the latest case, order cases were reopened. The D.A has stated that he would work for a closure of the facility 
January 2011 it was stated that the facility would lose its license and it would close down 
- Info: Homepage of the facility
- Info: Boy Dies Of Restraint-Related Asphyxiation, by Emily Ramshaw and Terri Langford, Houston Chronicle, November 8, 2010
- Forum: Daystar Restraint Death 5 Nov 2010, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- The facility on Google maps
- Admission, homepage of the facility
- Brazoria County has not sent children to Daystar since '04, by Terri Langford, HOUSTON CHRONICLE, November 9, 2010
- DayStar RTC, Manvel Texas, Hope4kidz,
- Case NO. 01-03-00490-CV, DAYSTAR RESIDENTIAL, INC. AND SHILOH TREATMENT CENTER, Appellants V. MARK W. COLLMER, Appellee
- D.A.: Youth Center With 4 Restraint Deaths Should Close, By Stephen Dean, Houston News, November 12, 2010
- Texas shuts down treatment center for kids, By TERRI LANGFORD, The Houston Chronicle, January 8, 2011
Daystar Tx Closed- Restraint Death Ruled Homicide, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora