Diamond Ranch Academy
They are member of the private organization of behavior modification programs called NATSAP .
Early 2012 it was reported that construction of a new campus west of the present one was started. It will house 150 teenagers and will be located on y 4000 West Sand Hollow Road . The old campus has been listed for sale.
The facility allows the use of escort firms. They can provide a list of firms if the parents do not want to discuss the banishment with their child and order a pickup instead.
They use a level system with 5 regular levels.
The regular levels are named: Student, Supervisor, Manager, Director and Graduate.
Besides these, they also have a level called Homeless. It is used for teenagers, which arrive at the facility and have to be forced into acceptance of the fact that they are abandoned by their family and detained at the facility for a unknown time.
If one of the detained teenagers breaks one of the many rules of the facility such as destruction of ranch property, being more than 15 feet from staff, stealing food, talking to the other gender or swearing, they can end up on the level called unemployment. Being unemployed means being forced to drag or pull a cart around the property from 5am in the morning to 10pm in the evening. Lunch etc. have be dealt with outside.
The detained teenagers are living small dorms - more exactly small houses sized about 500 sqft. Each house contains 1 staff and up to 8 teenagers. They are always gender separated. As for sanitation there are 2 bathrooms with 2 sinks. A photo on the homepage shows 4 beds in a single room. The names of the dorms are Lava Falls, Stone Ridge, Crystal Springs, Whisper Creek. For marketing purposes they each have a blog 
The detained teenager can speak with his or her parents every second week as a part of family therapy session over the phone. Parents can on weeks, when there is no family therapy speak with a staff member instead.
The detained teenagers can email and write letters to the parents.
After 10 weeks the parents are allowed to visit their child. When the child reaches the director level, he or she can go on a home visit. A second home visit can be done on graduate level.
Unemployment and possible restraint if neccessary. If the teenagers threaten to run or commit suicide they are put on safety watch, in this time they have their shoes laces taken and are required 3 searches a day along with a shower search at the end of the night.
Rob Dias was used as consultant for a TV-serie, which today is recognized as masked marketing for the industry 
- January 2009 a boy was found dead after he was placed in their sick bay. No cause of death has been found. Investigation by the family is pending 
- In 2009 a support group was started on Facebook in order to secure the release of one of the detainees 
- May 2012 a petition to save a girl from Louisiana was started. Worldwide people have joined in to save the girl .
- September 2013 a boy lost his life while he was attending Diamond Ranch Academy. Investigation is pending 
- 2014 The facility started a campaign hunting down survivors and their supporters who have spoken out against the conditions at the facility 
- 2015 It was reported that one of the teachers were charged by the police with two first-degree felony counts of aggravated child sexual abuse and 10 second-degree felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor. These activities were unrelated to his job but the police tracked his IP-number to the school which shows that he had been using work equipment for his illegal activities . His wife - also previous employed at the facility was arrested on related charges . The charges against the wife was dropped but the teacher was sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.
- 2017 A lawsuit was filed against the facility due to alleged actions by an employee involving sexual assault 
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: Various testimonies and articles about Diamond Ranch Academy, Tales from the black school testimony blog
- Info: Articles being tagged with Diamond Ranch Academy on Tumblr
- Info: Entries about Diamond Ranch Academy on the When far from Home testimonial blog
- Survivor group: Diamond Ranch Academy, facebook
- Survivor group: SHUT DOWN DIAMOND RANCH ACADEMY, facebook
- Forum: Diamond Ranch Academy, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Anything to add, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: I was sent to a program..., a thread on the Ultimate Guitar message board
- Forum: One of my friends died in a program, a thread on the Ultimate Guitar message board
- Forum: Instructional "Programs", Cains Lair
- Forum: I just found out i'm being sent to Diamond Ranch Academy., a thread on Go Teen Forums
- Forum: Diamond Ranch Academy is trying to silence statements from former students, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- The new campus on Google maps
- Program Details, NATSAP National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs
- The old campus on Google maps
- Hurricane City Planning Commission minutes 8-24-2011, City of Hurricane
- Blog: Diamond Ranch Academy, Lava Falls Campus Blog
Blog: Diamond Ranch Academy, Stone Ridge Campus Blog
Blog: Diamond Ranch Academy, Crystal Springs Campus Blog
Blog: Diamond Ranch Academy, Whisper Creek Campus Blog
- Transcript from Joe's Guest Appearance on "Donny and Marie", Joe Lando web page, February 4 2000
Higher Ground, Internet Movie DataBase
- "James Shirey Jr, Legacy.com
- James Richard "Jim" Shirey, memorial website
- Bring Brendan Home, Facebook
DRA detainee has a support group, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Pentition: Save Victoria From Diamond Ranch Academy, a thread on the message board run by National Youth Rights Association
- DIAMOND RANCH ACADEMY - CONFIRMATION - ANOTHER CHILD'S LIFE IS LOST - "SUICIDE COMPLETION", (Jillie's Take! - blog)
DHS confirms another child death at Diamond Ranch Academy, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- DIAMOND RANCH ACADEMY DOUBLES DOWN WITH FILING ANOTHER LAWSUIT...
- Hundreds of images found, man charged with 12 felonies for child sex crimes, by Carin Miller, The St. George News, September 10 2015
- Husband, wife face child sexual exploitation charges, by Haven Scott, The Spectrum, October 1 2015
- Sexual assault lawsuit filed against Diamond Ranch Academy, by Bree Burkitt, The Spectrum, July 28 - 2017