Escuela Caribe is a behavior modification facility located in the Dominican Republic 
It is a part of New Horizon Youth Ministeries in Marion, Indiana.
It was founded in 1972. The agegroup is youth aged between 14 and 17
The program use a level system. They are named
|Zero||Orientation Phase||Rules and procedures/learning to take direction.|
|Second||Disillusionment Phase||Beginning to become disillusioned with past and beginning to make positive choices.|
|Third||Internalization Phase||Program values and standards becoming student's values and standards.|
|Forth||Internalization and Stabilization phase overlaps in this level|
|Fifth||Stabilization Phase||Taking leadership, giving back to others, and investing in the program.|
They use a curriculum from Michigan Virtual Schools (MVS). It is claimed to be acredited by both NCA and CITA. If the teenagers have graduated high school, they can online study for college or risk forced labor.
The students can apply for a low paid job at a local elementary school. They have to attend a job interview and they can risk that they are forced to work for free if they don't pass it 
|This facility used|
The staff can use whether a "unit" or "UC"'s (12 units is given for running away) will result in corporal punishment with a belt or chores. Hair cuts done by the staff is also used as punishment 
Bad health (Diarrhoea) will have the consequence that the detainee has to use a bucket when it is needed and carry it around with him or her, so the staff can be shown the contents.
The homepage of the program also state consequenses like doing exercises writing papers, physical work hours, or loss of levels 
Mountain View Academy
A 10-week summer program is also offered at the campus. It is called Mountain View Academy. The focus of the program is work projects, cultural education, and team-building experiences 
In the news
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Homepage of Julia Scheeres Author of Jesus Land
- Info: International Survivors Committee on Escuela Caribe
- Info: Youth facility in Marion under fire for its tactics, New Horizons official says problems of the past are being solved, By Teresa Auch, The Chronicle-Tribune, October 22, 2006 - reprint on project Nospank.
- Info: Youth facility in Marion under fire for its tactics, by Teresa Auch, The Chronicle-Tribune, October 22 - 2006, reprint from Project Nospank
- Info: Testimonials from teenagers formerly detained at the facility
- Info: Teen Advocate on the facility.
- Info: Hell Camp for Jesus - More info from Teen Advocate
- Info: Reform School Girl, a blog mentioning the facility
- Info: Video about the facility
- Info: Report about the financial status of the company
- Forum: New Horizons Youth Ministries, a thread about Escuela Caribe on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Escuela Caribe ~ New Horizons, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Thread about Escuela Caribe on Youthrights
- Forum: Another thread on the Youthright message board about the facility
- Forum: Escuela Caribe, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Essay Contest: What is Tough Love and Where did it come from, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- History - Christian Schools for Troubled Teens, homepage of the program Checked: October 2010
- The location on Google maps.
- Level System, homepage of the program Checked: October 2010
- About us, Michigan Virtual University
- Work Force, homepage of the program Checked: October 2010
- Rulebook from 1999, see chapter STUDENT DISCIPLINE, units of concern.
- Love and Discipline, homepage of the program Checked: October 2010
- Mission, homepage of the program Checked: October 2010
- Book review of "Jesus Land" by Julia Scheeres
- Jesus Land: A Memoir, Amazon bookstore