Family Bootcamp is marketed as a wilderness program. The length of the program is from 5 days but parents can leave their child in the program longer if they are not satisfied with the work done over a 5 day period.
- Day 1: Family Orientation begins at 9am at our offices. Parents and youth are provided an introduction to the experience and meet our team. Youth are then provided camp gear and supplies and are transported to the wilderness. Parents remain at our offices and participate in parent seminar and a luncheon for the remainder of the day. In the evening, parents participate in equine therapy activities with our clinicians .
- Day 2:Beginning at 10 am, parents participate in day two of the parent seminar for a majority of the day. Equine therapy activities occur in the evening as well .
- Day 3: Parents are free to enjoy and explore St. George and the Southern Utah area .
- Day 4: Parents are free to enjoy and explore St. George and the Southern Utah area .
- Day 5: Parents meet at the our office at 9 am and travel to the wilderness to be reunited with their child and participate in a family therapy session. If parents are not satisfied with their child's attitude, then the child can continue to to remain in the program and the parents can return home .
- Info: Program website
- Forum: Family Bootcamp without the family, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora