Focal Point Academy
Focal Point Academy is a behavior modification facility located on 560 West Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, Nevada 89027 
The facility is for boys between 13 and 17. They can detain 15 boys.
According to the facility the average stay is 9 months.
There exist a licensing issue and according to a thread on Fornits the treatment stated on the homepage of the facility does not exist 
They use a kind of level system in the program. Their webside speaks of 4 levels when it comes to behavior and 8 levels in relationship with therapy.
The detained boys live in a room, which they are sharing with 2 or 3 other boys.
When the first week is passed the detained boy get access to phone his parents only one time per week. Before leaving the program the parents has to visit the facility once and participate in onsite family therapy once.
A lawsuit is mentioned in relationship with the facility .
March 2009 the program homepage was down. News on continued existence has not been found.
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: Transcript from a court case
- Info: Sue Sheff: Pure: Accused of Fraud
- Info: Tough Love and Free Speech - How a 'child advocate' gamed the media, by Maia Szalavitz, Reason, August 24, 2007
- Info: Staff List, HEAL-online
- Survivor group: Focal Point Academy, Myspace
- Forum: Lawuit Filed Against Sue Scheff /PURE - FOCAL POINT ACADEMY, thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Focal Point Academy, thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Any Focal Poiint Academy Families Izzy's Coaching Clients?, thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Will Focal Point Be on CAICA's Watchlist ?- Lawsuit: Scheff, thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Does Sue Scheff Blog on Focial Point Academy Law Suit, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Complaint against Sue Scheff in lawsuit, Broward County, a thread on reddit.com
- The facility on Google maps
- Focal Point Academy Mesquite Nevada, thread on Fornits webforum about the facility, licensing and treatment
- Sue Scheff and PURE Accused of Fraud: Horrific Acts of Child Abuse Alleged at Academy, Teen advocate USA