Focal Point Academy
Focal Point Academy is a behavior modification facility located on 560 West Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, Nevada 89027.
The facility is for boys between 13 and 17. They can detain 15 boys.
According to the facility the average stay is 9 months.
There exist a licensing issue and according to a tread on Fornits the treatment stated on the homepage of the facility does not exist.
They use a kind of level system in the program. Their webside speaks of 4 levels when it comes to behavior and 8 levels in relationship with therapy.
The detained boys live in a room, which they are sharing with 2 or 3 other boys.
When the first week is passed the detained boy get access to phone his parents only one time per week. Before leaving the program the parents has to visit the facility once and participate in onsite family therapy once.
- 1) Focal Point Academy Mesquite Nevada, tread on Fornits webforum about the facility, licensing and treatment
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: Transcript from a court case
- Info: Sue Sheff: Pure: Accused of Fraud
- Forum: Lawuit Filed Against Sue Scheff /PURE - FOCAL POINT ACADEMY, tread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Focal Point Academy, tread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Any Focal Poiint Academy Families Izzy's Coaching Clients?, tread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Will Focal Point Be on CAICA's Watchlist ?- Lawsuit: Scheff, tread on Fornits webforum