Genesis by the Sea
Genesis by the Sea was a behavior modification facility located in Ensenada, Mexico .
A total of 585 foreigners were deported out of Mexico 
- General Consequences were called demerits, or lines also known as standards. Demerits were no less than 5 words no more than 7 words written 100, 300, 500 or 700 times depending upon the wrongdoing. 500 being the most common. They are to be turned in the following night from the time they are given. If you have more that 1000 you could request an extension on the due date.
- You could have another girl put into a place of authority called a Helper as a shadow if you created too many offences. Demoted in your status and not allowed to speak with others except the Helpers and your Shadow. You were called in a status of on Buddy. Your Buddy was to be with in 5 feet of you at all times. You were also not allowed to notice another girl on buddys existence. During this time you were only allowed to wear dress clothing and shoes Or after they were created a jumper and brightly colored shirt
- You could also be put on what was called dorm silence. You were not allowed to speck except when spoken to by authority staff or helpers or when absolutely necessary.
- Some girls who got too close to others were put on separation where they could not only not notice another but could not be anywhere neer the others and had to request permission from helpers before entering an area.
- One girl who would not conform to the program had her hair cut off.
- Others were stuck in the closet area a small hallway surrounded by 13 closets used by the girls attending the longest. The Closet area was about 3 feet wide by 15 feeet long or so. Girls who became aggressive or violent were sat on by other girls. Sometimes 5 or 6 girls sitting on one. Also your meals were limited during this time to oatmeal and grits.
- If you did not finish your food you were given lines as well as you had your meal saved in seran wrap and were made to eat it at the next meal.
- Teenagers, who have successfully escaped and were returned may be restrained with the use of zip ties 
In the news
- The facility on Flash Earth
- Secrets in the Schoolhouse, by Duwayne Escobedo, Independent News, december 2 - 2004
- Deportan a 585 adictos bajo tratamiento, en Baja California
- Statement from Melanie Villaruel, International Survivor Action Committee
- Scrutiny increases on centers for teens; Four compounds in Baja closed in as many months, By Sandra Dibble - Staff Writer, Union-Tribune, January 10 - 2005 (Reprint from project Nospank)
- Press release from International Survivor Action Committee
- Info: Mexico Shuts Down School For Troubled Teens, Students Bused Back To San Diego, NBC San Diego, September 13, 2004
- Info: Turnover of Young U.S. Drug Addicts Concluded, ManattJones Global Strategies, LLC
- Info: Survivors Guide to Troubled Teens
- Info: The Cruelty Franchise: WWASPS and the Torture of At-Risk Kids, By Jane Weinkrantz
- Survivor group: Victory Christian Academy - includes survivors from other facilities runned by Palmer and Co, Myspace
- Forum: Casa and another program closed by Mexico, a tread on Youth rights.