Glacier Mountain Academy
Glacier Mountain Academy is a behavior modification facility located near Sandpoint, Idaho.
They detain teenagers between the ages of 13-17 years.
There is no info about the length of the program on the webpage.
A former manager of the facility started another facility called Turning Winds .
No information about treatment philosophy is stated on their webpage.
The "daily schedule" page on their homepage suggests that they use a level system, where the levels "Orientation" and "Evaluation" is named.
In the news
An article in Spokesman Review tells a story about understaffing and a different level of education than expected 
- 1) Seen 'n Heard - Jul, 2000 Issue, strugglingteen.com - industry marketing firm.
GLACIER MOUNTAIN SEPARATES
(June 8, 2000) Larry Bauer, Director of Glacier Mountain Academy (GMA), Sandpoint, Idaho, announced that as of January 1, 2000, GMA became a totally separate entity from Glacier Mountain Educational Services (formerly known as Glacier Mountain Expeditions), which is headed by John Baisden. Bauer and Baisden had formed a partnership a few years ago, which has now been dissolved as a result of this action. Ramona and Matt Slover are managers and house parents of the GMA program, with Jack Evensizer, the accredited teacher.
- 2) Camps for troubled teens face rules, by Susan Drumheller, Spokesman Review, Sunday, March 10, 2002
- Info: Program Homepage
- Forum: glacier mountain academy - a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: GLACIER MOUNTAIN ACADEMY - a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Beware of referrals by Sue Scheff - a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility.
- Forum: List of PURE programs - a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility.
- Forum: Glacier Mountain Academy - a thread on Fornits webforum