Forskel mellem versioner af "Gulf Coast Academy"
m (1 version)
|(En mellemliggende version af en anden bruger ikke vist)|
Nuværende version fra 20. nov 2014, 19:59
Gulf Coast Academy is the new facility connected with WWASP(as of June 2007). It is located on the property that once housed various boot camps operated by Herman Fountain, Sr.
It is located on 2147 Mill Street Extension, Lucedale, Mississippi . Relatives and friends to detained teenagers can look for the Bethel Baptist Church, which is located just in front of the facility.
The facility has been operated under lot of names. Bethel Boys Home, Bethel Boys Academy, Eagle Point Christian Academy, Respect Camp, Cambridge Academy, Pine View Academy.
During the year authorities have raided the facility, the former owner had been tried in court and there was a riot also. Finally the hurricane Katrina damaged the buildings so badly the detained teenagers inside it, that they had to be transferred to other WWASP facilities.
It was sold to Narvin Lichield, who also runs Carolina Springs Academy and Pillars of Hope in Costa Rica, which enables the owners to offer a package, which includes a stay in Costa Rica, where they can look after the owners horses 
The school follows the normal behavior modification program with 6 levels.
In the news
September 20, 2007 four of the detained teenagers escaped the facility. The police are looking for them .
According to an article in Hattiesburg American the facility is in bad shape hardly repaired from the damage following the hurricane Katrina. A parent has started a campaign in order to shut it down . The article also states that three of the teenagers, who escaped in September were still free.
One of the Runaways has been interviewed about her stay at the facility and her runaway .
In due of the latest developments, there is a call for an investigation into the facility .
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Contract from the facility
- Info: International Survivor Action Committee on Gulf Coast Academy's former history
- Info: International Survivor Action Committee on WWASP in general
- Info: HEAL-online on Gulf Coast Academy in the past
- Info: WWASP-info about the history of the facility
- Info: Stop child profiteering in America and other abuses against children in the name of "Treatment", blog
- Info: State should review academy allegations - ( Mississippi , Gulf Coast Academy ) - October 7, 2007 (Reprint of article on Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (Cafety))
- Info: Teen help industry, articles about the facility are on their webpage
- Survivor Group: Survivor:WWASP, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Anti-WWASP, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Group of former detainees interested in suppressed lifestyle, Myspace
- Forum: Anti-WWASP forum on Gulf Coast Academy (registration required) *Forum: Fornits forum on WWASP
- Forum: RUMOR- Tranquility Bay in Jamaica is relocating because of tighter passport controls, a thread on Youthrighs forum
- The facility on Google maps
- Packet deal offer, The Schools Offer a Three Phased Process
- Teens escape from academy, By Royce Armstrong, Sun-Herald, September 20, 2007
- Parents want academy closed, by Royce Armstrong, The Hattiesburg American, October 7 - 2007
- Parent: 'It is even worse than we thought', by Royce Armstrong, The Hattiesburg American
- State should review academy allegations, from staff reports, , The Hattiesburg American