Haut de la Garenne
Haut de la Garenne was a former behavior modification facility located on the Island of Jersey.
The postal address is La Rue de la Pouclee des Quatre Chemins, St Martin, Jersey, JE3 6DU
It was later named "Jersey Home for Boys"
It did open in 1876 and closed down in 1986.
After its closure it was used as a film-set on the television serie "Bergerac" .
It is now a youth hostel. Recently people ask for it to be torn down 
Awaiting more info.
From an article on BBC 
As an Industrial School, Haut de la Garenne was intended to solve problems of juvenile delinquency, by removing poor and neglected children from their home environment and placing them in a boarding school.
According to local historians, good behaviour was rewarded by treats, like cricket on the common and tea and cakes.
Poor behaviour led to deprivation of some sort, with flogging or solitary confinement for the worst offenders.
In the news
A body of a child was discovered in 2008. The existence became known to the authorities as result of an investigation into child abuse. The investigaton have already resulted in several arrests  .
A former staff member was arrested unrelated to the findings of human remains 
The investigation ended with 3 convictions of 2 former employees and 1 former foster child for abuse of other children 
- Info: Homepage of the present youth Hostel
- Info: Investigating Jersey's 'abuse' history, By Robert Hall, BBC news, December 4 2007
- Info: Former care worker tells of culture of fear at Jersey home, by David Batty, Ian Cobain and agencies, The Guardian, March 3 2008
- Info: First pictures of 'abuse' cellar , BBC, Marts 2 2008
- Info: Haut de la Garenne, About the facility on Wikipedia
- Info: Jersey children's home hell: Victims of Haut de la Garenne tell their story, Victoria Ward And Don Mackay In Jersey Victoria.Ward@Mirror.Co.Uk 27/02/2008, Daily Mirror, February 27 2008
- Info: Human Remains Verified at Haut de la Garenne, sprocket-trials.blogspot.com, July 2008
- Survivor story: 'I don't have emotions anymore', By Sanchia Berg, BBC News, February 29 2008
- Survivor story: Children's home was 'like prison', BBC News, February 25 2008
- Survivor story: Man claims abuse at Jersey home, BBC news, February 29 2008
- Forum: From UK - child body found. How can a child suddenly vanish totally?, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Boernehjemmet, a thread on the Danish message board Borgerdebat.dk
- Bergerac on Internet Movie Database
- Jersey's 'house of horrors' children's home should be demolished, abuse inquiry report concludes, by Olivia Rudgard, The Telegraph, July 3 - 2017
- Secrets behind children's home, BBC, February 2008
- Jersey Police Find More Hotspots, Sky News, February 25 2008
- Jersey Remains: Seven Sites Checked, Sky News, February 25 2008
- Man arrested in Jersey home case, BBC, April 29 2008
- Jersey child abuse investigation 2008, Wikipedia