Forskel mellem versioner af "Haut de la Garenne"
(→External Link: added link)
m (1 revision)
Versionen fra 23. apr 2008, 19:16
Haut de la Garenne was a former behavior modification facility located on the Island of Jersey.
The postal address is La Rue de la Pouclee des Quatre Chemins, St Martin, Jersey, JE3 6DU
It was later named "Jersey Home for Boys"
It did open in 1876 and closed down in 1986.
After its closure it was used as a film-set on the television serie "Bergerac" 
It is now a youth hostel.
Awaiting more info.
From an article on BBC 
As an Industrial School, Haut de la Garenne was intended to solve problems of juvenile delinquency, by removing poor and neglected children from their home environment and placing them in a boarding school.
According to local historians, good behaviour was rewarded by treats, like cricket on the common and tea and cakes.
Poor behaviour led to deprivation of some sort, with flogging or solitary confinement for the worst offenders.
In the news
A body of a child was discovered in 2008. The existence became known to the authorities as result of an investigation into child abuse. The investigaton have already resulted in several arrests .
- 1) Jersey Police Find More Hotspots, Sky News, February 25 2008
- 2) Jersey Remains: Seven Sites Checked, Sky News, February 25 2008
- 3) Bergerac on Internet Movie Database.
- 4) Secrets behind children's home, BBC, February 2008
- Info: Homepage of the present youth Hostel
- Info: Investigating Jersey's 'abuse' history, By Robert Hall, BBC news, December 4 2007
- Info: Former care worker tells of culture of fear at Jersey home, by David Batty, Ian Cobain and agencies, The Guardian, March 3 2008
- Info: First pictures of 'abuse' cellar , BBC, Marts 2 2008
- Info: Haut de la Garenne, About the facility on Wikipedia
- Survivor story: 'I don't have emotions anymore', By Sanchia Berg, BBC News, February 29 2008
- Survivor story: Children's home was 'like prison', BBC News, February 25 2008
- Survivor story: Man claims abuse at Jersey home, BBC news, February 29 2008
- Forum: From UK - child body found. How can a child suddenly vanish totally?, a thread on Fornits Webforum