Hessen Jugendamt is the department for juvenile correction in a part of Germany.
They run a special program "Siberia - Road to life", where violent children are sent to Siberia in order to be broken down.
The price of this form for basnishment are much cheaper than the stay in a normal juvenile correction center in Germany.
The accommodation in Siberia is reported to be costing the state 150 euros (£112; $220) daily - about one-third of the cost of a place in a German institution for juveniles.
The author Stefan Scholl has written the book 'Aus dem macht ihr keinen Menschen mehr': Mit deutschen Crashkids in Sibirien (Gebundene Ausgabe) about the program 
- Info: Hessen: Jugendamt sendete aggressiven Jugendlichen nach Sibirien, Shortnews
- Info: Violent German teenager sent to remote Siberian village, by Kate Connolly, The Guardian, January 2008
- Info: Erlebnispädagogik - Sibirien als letzter Strohhalm für Crashkids, by Jens Hartmann, Die Welt, January 2008
- Info: German delinquents cured in Siberia, Russia Today (Video)
- Forum: Siberian Youth Prison, a thread on the vPraise.net
- Forum: Violent German teen sent to cope in Siberia, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Unge til Nowosibirsk (Youth to Sibiria), a thread on BT message board