Hessen Jugendamt is the department for juvenile correction in a part of Germany.
They run a special program where violent children are sent to Siberia in order to be broken down.
The price of this form for basnishment are much cheaper than the stay in a normal juvenile correction center in Germany.
The accommodation in Siberia is reported to be costing the state 150 euros (£112; $220) daily - about one-third of the cost of a place in a German institution for juveniles.
- Info: Hessen: Jugendamt sendete aggressiven Jugendlichen nach Sibirien, Shortnews
- Info: Violent German teenager sent to remote Siberian village, by Kate Connolly, The Guardian, January 2008
- Info: Erlebnispädagogik - Sibirien als letzter Strohhalm für Crashkids, by Jens Hartmann, Die Welt, January 2008
- Forum: Siberian Youth Prison, a thread on the vPraise.net
- Forum: Violent German teen sent to cope in Siberia, a thread on Fornits Webforum