Hjortoehus (Denmark)was a group home in the Town of Svendborg - Funen, Denmark 
The group home could hold 12 youth aged between 3 and 18. The number of staff members are 15.
The youth were admitted to this group home by the authorities in their hometown.
The youth attended either daycare, school or work in the local community.
Time were set up so they can attend activities in the local community.
The youth had chores like cleaning own room and wash their own clothes. They also participate in other chores depending of their age.
The price was DKK 1,638 per day and the local authorities of the hometown of the girls are paying for the stay (2008).
In the news
On May 15 - 2008 a group of six girls aged between 15 and 18 did beat a girl - also living in the group home - up. The beating involving kicking took an hour and she ended up being thrown into a hawthorn.
After being formally arrested and charged, the girls were returned to the same group home because they were already undergoing punishment by being placed at the group home for other crimes or social incidents.
July 2008 it was revieled that the victim had moved from the facility . The teenagers, who had conducted the attack received harsh sentences between 4 and 5 months, where 1 or 2 month have to be served at a more secure facility 
The facility closed around 2011 officially due to the economy 
- Info: Info page about the group home on the homepage of the town of Svendborg
- Info: Hjortoehus, minder fra en haard tid
- The group home on Google Maps
-  (Six youth beated friend), by Dorte Stenbæk, Fyens Stifttidende, May 20 - 2008
-  (Victim and gang living together)), by Dorte Stenbæk, Fyens Stifttidende, May 21 - 2008
- Offer er flyttet fra Hjortøhus (Victim has moved from Hjotoehus), by Dorte Stenbæk, Fyens Stifttidende, July 16 2008
- Hårde domme til teenagere (Harsh sentences to teenagers), by Dorte Stenbæk, Fyens Stifttidende, July 16 2008
- Specialiserede døgninstitutioner spares væk, tilbudsportalen, January 11, 2011