House of Hope Academy
House of Hope Academy was a behavior modification facility located in Ensenada, Mexico .
The program was described as lasting 6 months in most cases 
The director at the time of the closure claimed that the program was based on the 12-step program used by Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous 
They also used a level system. It was described as following :
- LEVEL I: Teens come to recognize and accept their need for help.
- LEVEL II: Teens are assisted to place value on their recovery and their relationships.
- LEVEL III: Teens begin to repair the social damage caused by using and come to accept day-to-day responsibility for their recovery.
- LEVEL IV: Teens transition into the HOUSE OF HOPE Sober Living Environment by demonstrating that they can live responsibly.
- LEVEL V: Graduation and Aftercare Program. Aftercare offers free drug screening, behavioral intervention, counseling, and continuing, non-judgmental love and support for your teen.
When the facility was closed the police found punishment cells for the detained teenagers .
Donald Lewis, the director of House of Hope, who was found to be working in Mexico on a tourist visa .
- Info: Archived version of the program homepage
- Info: Newsbrief: Mexico Shuts Down Three "Youth Treatment" Centers, Deports Kids Back to US, stopthedrugwar.org, September 17, 2004