Island View is placed 2650 West 2700 South, Syracuse, Utah 84075 and it has room for 113 detainees .
It did open in 1996
It is owned by Aspen Education Group.
According a report from the State of Utah the facility is a lockdown. There is very little interacting with the local community. 
It is an intense program with only 10 minutes private time during the day.
During a week a detainee has be endure group therapy sessions lasting about 90 minutes 5 times per week. When the parents are not visiting they have family therapy by phone if the family visits the visit is used for face-to-face family therapy. Beside those two activities each teenager also get an individual therapy session once per week.
Each detainee share a room with 1 to 3 other teenagers. The rooms are grouped in units, which can detain 16 teenagers.
While the facility detains boths boys and girls, the two gender-groups have very limited contact to each other.
In the news
In 2004 a 16 year old boy hanged himself at the facility. The facility promised to conduct an evaluation .
In 2007 a 15 year old girl dissapeared on the way back to the facility when she had been on a home visit. This troubled news came of two death had occured at two other programs owned by Aspen Education Group - Aspen Achievement Academy and Youth Care. The girls was later found in San Francisco after she had remained on the flight instead of the getting of in Utah where the guards from the lockdown facility waited for her . Even though it firmst remained uncertain if her family wants her or her life will thrown away in either this lockdown or one of the other facilites owned by this corporation , an article stated that her parents had agreed not to banish her back to the facility .
- 1) The facility on Google maps
- 2) Review report from 2003
- 3) Teen facility targets suicide prevention, State ordered steps be taken after hanging, by Amy Boi Bryson, Desert Morning News, July 30 - 2004
- 4) Teenager disappears after getting on a plane to Salt Lake City, by Jill Atwood, ABC4.com, November 8 - 2007.
- 5) Missing Clayton Teen Safely Home, By Kay Quinn, KSDK NewChannel 5, November 15 - 2007
- 6) Missing Clayton teen found, by Todd C. Frankel, STLtoday.com, November 17 - 2007
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: HEAL-online about Island View
- Info: Homepage about the missing girl
- Info: Blog about the resent deaths at Aspen owned facilities, (Not complete because the death at Lone Star Expeditions is not mentioned.)
- Survivor group: Island View And Oakley Kids, (Myspace)
- Forum: Fornits - Aspen Group
- Forum: Tread on Fornits with a survivor account of a stay at the facility
- Forum: Tread about the facilty on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Tread from a bulletin board
- Forum: 15 Year Old Runs From Island View - Tread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Tread on Court TV about the missing teen
- Forum: Police search for missing Missouri teen, Youthrights Forum