Kategori:Continuation schools in Denmark
Continuation schools in Denmark were designed for at-risk teenagers from the 8th to the 10th form .
The danish bard, poet, educational thinker, politician and clergyman - N.F.S. Grundtvig (1789-1872) - was the founder and visionary genius of the Folkehøjskole movement, but it was most notably Kristen Kold (1816-1870) who transformed Grundtvig's visionary ideas into educational practice.
While Grundtvig intended the Folkehøjskoles to be for adults, Kold wanted to reach the young people when they entered puberty. Thus Kold's first school, founded at Ryslinge in 1851, was for young farmhands, and this school is recognised as the first Efterskole.
For many years it was not possible to take the public final examinations at the continuation schools but in 1975 the law was changed so it became possible.
New schools were founded and development like hip-hop and gangster rap meant that ordinary teenagers voluntary began to seek the continuations school in order to appear tough among peers . This trend has become a huge burden for smaller communities  leaving the elder and ill people in the social system to pay. Still cases exist where the schools are used for their original purpose 
However, there were still cult-like movements involved in this business and during the last 10 years the government in Denmark have tried to prevent cult-like movements to remain etablished in this business. One of the larger movements are the Tvind movement which is documentated on Rickross .
- About Continuation schools on Wikipedia
- About efterskoler on Wikipedia (Marketing article made by the Association of Efterskoler)
Continuation high school in popular culture
A Trilogy called Efterskoleliv about the life on continuation schools in 1970's has been published by the Danish author Finn Wilkens 
In 2009 it was revealed that the schools had found a target group among parents who used to send their children to their native country as punishment, when the student tended to integrate themselves in the ordinary Danish youth culture 
Regardless of the fact that the law about smoking clearly states that smoking are allowed on campuses under certain conditions most schools choose to introduce a zero-tolerance policy against smoking classifying it as drugs. Breaking the rule in the future means that the teenager will be expelled .
November 2010 it was revealed that 125 students had been expelled due to breaking the no smoking rule. Most schools had no rules whether the teachers could continue to smoke on the campuses 
In 2010 the Danish government announced that they would reduce the grants for students so the parents would have to pay a larger percentage of the cost for having a child attending the schools. A massive press campaign launced by the "Efterskoleforeningen" (Association of Danish Efterskoler) forced the government to adjust the grants only slightly .
February 2011 a dragon boat capsized in icy waters involving 15 students and teachers . A teacher is presumed dead. Several of the students was regarded as a serious condition. However they recovered to some extend .
- hjem sendte elever fra efterskoler, facebook
- Efterskole, a thread on the Hard Styler United message board
- Når børn begår kriminalitet (When youth commit crimes), by Helle Harbo Sorensen, TV2 news, September 9 2007
- Efterskoler sætter elevrekord (New record in students at continuation schools - article in Danish), Politiken, May 23 2008
- Unges efterskolelyst koster kassen (The continuation school trend costs), by Marius Kløvgaard Sørensen, Jydske Vestkysten, August 19 2005
- 14-årig sendes på efterskole efter bombetrussel (14 year old being sent to continuation school after bomb threat), By Allan Staal, Jydske Vestkysten, June 17 2005
- Tvind on the homepage of the Rick A. Ross Institute
- Forstanderen har altid ret!, by Finn Wilkens, ISBN-10 8792268315
Forstanderinden har magten!, by Finn Wilkens, ISBN-10 8792268323
Ned med forstanderinden!, by Finn Wilkens, ISBN-10 8792268331
- Gudløshed skræmmer mere end tro, by Jeppe Bangsgaard, Bodil Jessen and Christian Nørr, Berlingske Tidende, January 25, 2009
- Efterskoler strammer reglerne - Efterskoleleder: Totalt forbud er vejen frem (Continuation school tighten up the rules. Principal: Total prohibition is the future), by Heidi Sejlund & Joan Kirkebak, Nordjyske StiftTidende, June 13 2008
- Ryg og du ryger ud, Nordjyske, November 22, 2010
- Besparelser på efterskoler rammer færre, Danmarks Radio, November 6, 2010
- Danish Dragon boat capsized by wave, by Julian Isherwood, Politiken, February 14, 2011
- One person missing after Danish dragon boat capsizes, a thread on the Network54 message board
Sider i kategorien "Continuation schools in Denmark"
De nedenstående 20 sider er i denne kategori, ud af i alt 20.