Forskel mellem versioner af "Kategori:Continuation schools in Denmark"
|Linje 14:||Linje 14:|
Versionen fra 25. sep 2008, 13:41
Continuation schools in Denmark were designed for at-risk teenagers from the 8th to the 10th form .
The danish bard, poet, educational thinker, politician and clergyman - N.F.S. Grundtvig (1789-1872) - was the founder and visionary genius of the Folkehøjskole movement, but it was most notably Kristen Kold (1816-1870) who transformed Grundtvig's visionary ideas into educational practice.
While Grundtvig intended the Folkehøjskoles to be for adults, Kold wanted to reach the young people when they entered puberty. Thus Kold's first school, founded at Ryslinge in 1851, was for young farmhands, and this school is recognised as the first Efterskole.
For many years it was not possible to take the public final examinations at the continuation schools but in 1975 the law was changed so it became possible.
New schools were founded and development like hip-hop and gangster rap meant that ordinary teenagers voluntary began to seek the continuations school in order to appear tough among peers . This trend has become a huge burden for smaller communities  leaving the elder and ill people in the social system to pay. Still cases exist where the schools are used for their original purpose 
However, there were still cult-like movements involved in this business and during the last 10 years the government in Denmark have tried to prevent cult-like movements to remain etablished in this business. One of the larger movements are the Tvind movement which is documentated on Rickross .
Regardless of the fact that the law about smoking clearly states that smoking are allowed on campuses under certain conditions most schools choose to introduce a zero-tolerance policy against smoking classifying it as drugs. Breaking the rule in the future means that the teenager will be expelled .
- Når børn begår kriminalitet (When youth commit crimes), by Helle Harbo Sorensen, TV2 news, September 9 2007
- Efterskoler sætter elevrekord (New record in students at continuation schools - article in Danish), Politiken, May 23 2008
- Unges efterskolelyst koster kassen (The continuation school trend costs), by Marius Kløvgaard Sørensen, Jydske Vestkysten, August 19 2005
- 14-årig sendes på efterskole efter bombetrussel (14 year old being sent to continuation school after bomb threat), By Allan Staal, Jydske Vestkysten, June 17 2005
- Tvind on the homepage of the Rick A. Ross Institute
- Efterskoler strammer reglerne - Efterskoleleder: Totalt forbud er vejen frem (Continuation school tighten up the rules. Principal: Total prohibition is the future), by Heidi Sejlund & Joan Kirkebak, Nordjyske StiftTidende, June 13 2008
Sider i kategorien "Continuation schools in Denmark"
De nedenstående 20 sider er i denne kategori, ud af i alt 20.