LaBrew Troopers Military University School
LaBrew Troopers Military University School is a Charter school located in 4055 North 34th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It serves children from kindergarten to eight grade.
Due to lack of founding the children has to work without light on in the classrooms 
At LaBrew Troopers Military University School, which was housed this year in a former Catholic high school downtown, children in one classroom were working with the lights off
The daylight coming in through windows was adequate, but the principal, Shirley McCarty, said the school was so short of money that it needed to get by with the lights out to hold down utility bills.
A teacher was arrested on a charge of abuse. An article states that the warrant says police confiscated three "paddles," one of them a 14-inch piece of wood labeled "hall pass," and arrested Owens . It was his second child abuse case. However as in the case before, he was aquitted.
Financial questions made the school close March 9, 2009 
- Info: Students learn in lock step - Discipline comes first and frequent at boot-camp-style academy, By Alan J. Borsuk and Dan Benson of the Journal Sentinel, JSonline, June 2 2008
- Info: School For Scandal: Milwaukee’s Failed Voucher ‘Experiment’ Should Be Shut Down, Americans United Blog, April 3 2009
- Info: Taxpayers Fund Abusive Punishment at Private School, Progressive Puppy, April 2009
- Info: No Oversight, More Child Abuse: The Labrew Case Two Years Later, Schools Matter blog
- Info: "Children were getting their arms bent as far up their backs as they could go", The Daily Kos
- Info: Child abuse at Milwaukee voucher school reveals a failed 'school reform', Education Change
- Forum: ay Charter schools can be hellholes too, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel -A Question of Accountability, by Alan J. Borsuk and Sarah Carr, June 13, 2005
- Teacher investigated in 2nd child abuse case - He denies report that he paddled, bruised boy, By Derrick Nunnally of the Journal Sentinel, JS-online, Posted: Feb. 9, 2007
- Dispute over state funds leads to closure of voucher school, Alan J. Borsuk, JSonline.com, April 2 2009