Living Water Refuge
Living Water Refuge was a behavior modification facility located in Hartville, Missouri.
It was described as a funtamentalist Baptist boarding school.
The owners - Phillip and Kare Lanzini - had worked for Agape Boarding School before they started their own facility.
The status of the program is unknown due to the fact that the webpage is no longer functioning. According to the now archived webpage TeenHelpIndustry they closed their operation due to unwanted attention by the CPS in Missouri.
The last known address was 7095 N Highway E, Hartville, Missouri 65667
The rules for the detainees among others included :
- For at least the first month, the boys had to wear a white robe and socks.
- They had to "earn their way" out of the robe.
- Brother Lanzini slept in the room with the boys.
Parents weren't "allowed" to speak to their sons for the first 30 days and can't visit for at least 6 months. During that first visit, the kids can't leave the grounds of Living Water Refuge.
Incoming/outgoing mail was read by the staff and "negative mail may not be delivered."
|This facility used|
Approved discipline includes "flogging."
- Forum: Help-Living Water Refuge, a thread on The Rick A. Ross Institute of New Jersey (RRI)
- Forum: what will happen in court, thread on The Mystic Board Forum
- teenhelpindustry.info september 2005 (Webpage archived)