Masía Can Gener
Masía Can Gener was an unregistered Brat Camp located near the town of Sant Llorenç de la Muga in Girona, Spain.
It was raided by the Spanish police in 2006.
The detained teenagers aged between 14 and 17 who has a Swiss background has been sent to the facility by their parents paying about 4000 euros per month for the "treatment".
The teenagers seemed to have been punished by being forced to stay in cages designed for wild boars. According to the authorities the dimension of the cages was down to one square meter .
In the news
The police arrested three persons in relationship with the closure of the camp. According to Pia Bosch, none of the staff members were licensed to work with minors.
- Info: El caso del "Guantanamo juvenil" de España, vuelve a la actualidad en forma de miniserie televisiva: El Castigo., Manuel Carballal blog, December 10, 2008
- Info: Illegal ‘brat camp’ kept children in animal sheds, Think Spain, April 5 - 2006
- Info: WWASP II, Blog comparing this facility with WWASP-facilities
- Info: Los padres de los niños suizos encerrados en jaulas en un centro de Girona pagaron hasta 4.000 euros - (Parents of children locked in cages in Swiss centre of Girona paid up to 4,000 euros)
- Info: «Foltercamp»: Was die Schlagzeilen auslösten, Tages Anzeiger (Article with picture of one of the cages)
- Adolescentes problemáticos (Youth problems), 39ymas
- Tres detenidos en Girona por maltratar a menores suizos en un correccional privado sin licencia - (Three arrested in Girona by abusing minors in a Swiss private correctional unlicensed), Noticias