Mission Mountain School
Mission Mountain School was a behavior modification facility marketed as a therapeutic boarding school for girls located in Condon, Montana (Missoula County. The facility was located at the end of Guest Ranch Road some miles north of the city.) 
The target group was girls aged between 13 and 18 
The length of the program was stated to be 12 to 22 months.
There were four levels:
|mouse phase||It lasted a few days and the goal is to adjust the detainee to a life without the previous freedom.|
|Coyote phase||It dealt with personal issues and the detainee has to learn skills needed for survival and comfort in the wilderness.|
|Buffalo phase||The detained teenager had to work on community and family issues. Teamwork is involved, which some seems to think that it would be a very difficult concept for children with low self-esteem to grasp.|
|Eagle||It focused on Leadership.|
The program focused on physique. The detained teenager had to run in a single file. There were a no talking rule when running from one destination to another.
If the staff suspected a conspiracy (someone being sneaky or planning to run) they will issue an "intervention". Intervention was a period of intense physical work, reduced sleep, stricter rules and more intense group therapy. During an intervention there would had very strict inspections of the work of the detainees, work all day in the hot sun, and if someone was resistant, or they didn’t pass inspection, the detainees would be ordered to start the day over again. This method was used to “break” down the defenses of the detainees so they would confess to their sins   .
An account described that an intervention could last 22 days
Another punishment was to be placed on a stump in the middle of the campus for hours until she broke down by being surrounded by all but unable to talk to them.
August 2008 the management announced that the group of detainees graduating would be the last ones for a while. The management have not decided whether to sell the school, rent out the campus or start a new program.   .
- Info: Homepage of the facility
- Info: About the facility on Wikipedia - warning: revert war ongoing
- Info: Survivor statement from Kathryn Whitehead on End Institutional Abuse
- Info: Statement from Aileen Chu on the Tales from the Black School blog
- Info: Statement from Kerry Keenan on the Tales from the Black School blog
- Survivor group: Mission Mountain School, Myspace
- Forum: Ethics and Mission Mountain School, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: MMS, a thread on Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: Mission Mountain School, a thread on Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: Mission Mountain School, a subforum on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: The Troubled Teen Industry, a subforum on the messageboard of Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network
- The facility on Google Maps
- NATSAP records on MMS
- Behavior Modification and Psychoanalytic Theory In Emotional Growth Schools and Programs, by Kristie Vollar, Woodbury Reports, Inc
- At Some Youth "Treatment" Facilities "Tough Love" Takes Brutal Forms, by Michelle Chen, The New Standard, november 21 - 2005.
- Visitation Report from Strugglingteens.com - Industry marketing Firm
- How does one say goodbye and have closure to over 18 years of life work?, Program homepage, Friday, August 15, 2008
- The Last Graduation, Program homepage, August 17 2008
- Dear Alumni, Parents and Friends, Program homepage, August 04 2008