New Horizons for Young Women
It is located in Maine.
The target group is girls only aged 13 to 18. According their webpage the program last between 6 and 9 weeks.
It was founded in year 2000. Among the founders are Jacqueline Danforth - daughter of Barbara Walters.
While the program sticks out by having a webpage for the girls to read before they enter the program, which is uncommon and directly against the common advice in other programs, where they warns parents against discussing the issues before enrolling their child into programs, this program still allows the use of escort firms. That is the main reason for the program to be registered on this webpage  
If your daughter has reacted to your decision by increasing the level of tension in the family, you may consider hiring a transport service to come to your home and transport her to the program. If this is your only option, your educational consultant or our links page can provide you with transport information.
The detained girls are grouped in units of 5 - 6 girls.
The wilderness program is stated to last between 6 and 9 weeks.
The hike for four or five days and stay two or three days in base camp.
A day at base camp
A day on a expedition
The only mean of communication is by letters. They allow letters between parents, siblings, grandparents and the detained girl.
The letters are checked by the staff before being handed to the detainee. In the material given to the families, the program warns the parents against believing what their daugther writes to them.
- Info: Program homepage
- Survivor group: Group for people, who has been at a wilderness program and have survived to tell their story, Myspace
- Forum: The Teen Help Industry a subforum on the message board of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: The Troubled Teen Industry a subforum on the message board of Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network (FICAN)
- Forum: The Troubled Teen Industry a subforum on Fornits webforum
- Forum: BaBa WaWa's Daughter, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Q?: New Horizons/Jacqueline Danforth/RMA, a thread on Fornits webforum