Nyborgskolen is a day- and boarding school, which offer specialized schooling for people with hearingsproblems.
During the 2008-09 they had 84 students.
For most youth suffering from this type of challenge it has become a tradition to take 1 year at the school because they can meet with peers who are in the same situation.
The education is accredited by the Danish department of education and the school is supervised by Region Syd - one of the 5 public health care regions in Denmark.
Some of the students attend the school as day student, some live in a college nearby.
In 2001 one of the students was charged for molesting 6 smaller children back at his home town  In 2003 he was sentenced to 3 years and nine months suspended prison time. The youngest of the victims was 11 years old.
October 2004, the National association for deaf critized the staff for having too poor skills regarding "speaking" sign language .
January 2006 a teacher was convicted of kicking a student because he felt that the student had been disruptive during classes . While the procecutor demanded prison the sentence became fines.
September 2007 was 3 students convicted of destroying property with stones 
December 2008 two men entered one the dorms and threatend the students. The motive was never fully found . It was later publish that some kind of conflict is existing between local youth and the youth on the boarding school 
March 2009 did the school annonce that they had suspended 12 students after a riot, which involved the police. Later 6 students was expelled. The parents and the students critized the school administration claiming that they had in fact expelled students, which had nothing to do with the riot. Region Syd investigated the incident and they decided to annul the decision made by the school until further investigation has been completed. The police choosed to put the students in handcuff removing their ability to communicate, which were both critized by organisations supporting deafs but also perceived as cheek by the police. The timeline is :
- March 1, 2009 - riot on the school
- March 3, 2009 - 12 students are suspended
- March 4, 2009 - 6 students are expelled
- March 19, 2009 - Region Syd acknowledge that the procedure has not been followed
- March 23, 2009 - The expelled students are invited back, all but one accepted
- March 27, 2009 - In a letter to the parents, the manager of Region Syd wrote the the expelled students had nothing to do with the damaged caused by the riots.
In commented made in relationship with the articles it was revealed that the school has problems finding staff who will sacriface themselves to learn sign language, which should have caused several problems with communication. It has been suggested to relocate the school, which are placed in a rather remote town more than 20 kilometers from the third largest town in Denmark to a more central location, so they can get better educated staff 
- Info: Homepage of the facility
- Forum: Lærere uden sprogkendskab (Teachers without languageknowledge)], a thread on the message board of the newspaper BT
- 17-årig sigtet for sexovergreb mod døve børn, by Ritzau, Re-print from Fyens Stiftstidende, August 8, 2001
- 18-årig døv dømt for voldtægt, by Ritzau, Re-print from Fyens Stiftstidende, February 4, 2003
- Døvelærere for dårlige til tegnsprog, by Jakob Christiansen, Fyens StiftsTidende, October 12, 2004
- Lærer dømt for at sparke elev (Teacher convicted of kicking a student), by Tom Brehm, Fyens StiftsTidende, January 10 2006
- Døve gik amok med brosten mod busskure (Deafs convicted), by Tom Brehm, Fyens Stiftstidende, September 11, 2007
- Bekymring på døveskole efter dolk-trusler, by Henrik Mikaelsen, Fyens Stiftstidende, December 4, 2008
- Døveskole vil konflikter til livs (Deafschool will stop the conflicts), by Henrik Mikaelsen, Fyens Stiftstidende, December 4, 2008
- Nyborg - Døveskolesagen (Nyborg - the Deafschoolcase)
- Lærere uden sprogkendskab (Teachers without languageknowledge), a thread on the message board of the newspaper BT
- Elev fundet død på Nyborgskolen (Student found dead on Nyborgskolen), by Ole Frank Rasmussen, Fyens StiftsTidende, March 28 2009
- Nyborgposten uge 14 - nekrolog (Obituary from the school)