Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls
Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls is a boarding school near Henley-on-the-klip in South Africa 
The teenagers attending the school is South Africa girls grades 7 through 12.
Besides normal education the school also teach "life skills", which makes it a behavior modification facility.
The teenagers live in dorms. Three dorms are for junior girls and three other for senior girls. There are also a gymnasium, a theatre, a wellness center and classrooms in other buildings . They eat in a dining hall.
March 2007 the rules of communication with family and friends were one vist per month and very restricted rules about the use of cellphone and e-mail. If the parents bring any form of food, the teenager are punished by loosing points .
In the news
- In may 2007 two girls did leave the school because they became victim of bullying primarely due to culturel differences . They were not allowed to speak their native language with each other.
- In Movember 2007 claims of abuse were made in various newspapers. A staff member faced 13 charges of indecent assault, assault and criminal injury committed against at least six students aged 13-15 and a 23-year-old at the school. Among the incidents were teenagers being beaten, thrown into walls, verbally abused and choked . The staff member was arrested and later released on bail 
- In April 2008 the number of teenagers abused by staff members are noted to be 13.
- In April 2008 a girl was expelled after suffering af mental breakdown . Another report mentions at least three suicide attempts since the school opened  .
- July 2008 it was announced that the trial against the now former dormitory matron was about to start . A testimony speak of students being force to watch adult movies 
- October 2008 the former headmistress filed a defamation lawsuit against Oprah Winfrey in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Friday in an attempt to salvage her professional reputation .
- March 2009 news of a second scandal came when it became knowledge that there had been alleged "inappropriate behaviors" toward fellow classmates by seven girls that purportedly included sexual misconduct  . In relationship with this incident some of the girls explained that they had been held in solidary confinement . However this was denied by the management 
- October 2010 the trial agaisnt the matron ended with an acquittal 
- Forum: Oprah's ugly secret, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Oprah's Africa School: Abuse Charges filed, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Did oprah try to start a program for "normal" kids, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Woman acquitted in Oprah's SA Scandal, Topix.com
- Fact sheet (2009), homepage of teh school
- The facility on Wikimapia
- Photos and map of the school
- Oprah’s school is "too strict", Sowetan News
- S Africa: Oprah girls quit over Afrikaans, African Crisis, May 8 2007
- Oprah ignores harsh realities, The Tartan
- Oprah Vows Shake-Up Over Abuse Scandal, WCBSTV.com, november 5 - 2007
- Oprah school could end up expelling more, The Star, 12 April 2008
- Three suicide attempts among 152 students in one year at Oprah’s school, by justingirl1989, Team Sugar, April 18 2008
- Oprah girls quit over Afrikaans, by Gavin Prins, News 24, May 5 2007
- Oprah school trial set to begin in South Africa, Yahoo news, July 29 2008
- Matron at Oprah's school 'forced pupil to watch pornography', court hears in lesbian sex abuse trial, by Emily Miller, The Daily Mail, June 3, 2009
- Fired Oprah Ex-Headmistress Sues for Defamation, by Nicole Weisensee Egan, People Magazine, October 4 2008
- Oprah's Girls School Rocked by Second Scandal, by Josh Grossberg, E-oline, March 31 2009
- Winfrey's Leadership Academy Rocked By Second Sex Scandal, From WENN.com, Internet Movie Database News, March 31 2009
- Girls in Oprah Winfrey Elite School Sex Scandal: We Were Kept in Solitary Confinement, wowOwow, April 7, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey - Winfrey Denies Isolating Accused South African Students, Contact Music website, April 7, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey school abuse: South African matron freed, BBC, October 11, 2010
Woman acquitted in Winfrey SAfrica school scandal, Yahoo news, October 11, 2010