Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls
Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls is a boarding school near Henley-on-the-klip in South Africa 
The teenagers attending the school is South Africa girls grades 7 through 12.
Besides normal education the school also teach "life skills", which makes it a behavior modification facility.
The teenagers live in dorms. Three dorms are for junior girls and three other for senior girls. There are also a gymnasium, a theatre, a wellness center and classrooms in other buildings . They eat in a dining hall.
March 2007 the rules of communication with family and friends were one vist per month and very restricted rules about the use of cellphone and e-mail. If the parents bring any form of food, the teenager are punished by loosing points .
In the news
In may 2007 two girls did leave the school because they became victim of bullying primarely due to culturel differences . They were not allowed to speak their native language with each other.
In Movember 2007 claims of abuse were made in various newspapers. A staff member faced 13 charges of indecent assault, assault and criminal injury committed against at least six students aged 13-15 and a 23-year-old at the school. Among the incidents were teenagers being beaten, thrown into walls, verbally abused and choked . The staff member was arrested and later released on bail 
In April 2008 the number of teenagers abused by staff members are noted to be 13.
- The facility on Wikimapia
- Photos and map of the school
- Oprah’s school is "too strict", Sowetan News
- S Africa: Oprah girls quit over Afrikaans, African Crisis, May 8 2007
- Oprah ignores harsh realities, The Tartan
- Oprah Vows Shake-Up Over Abuse Scandal, WCBSTV.com, november 5 - 2007
- Oprah school could end up expelling more, The Star, 12 April 2008
- Three suicide attempts among 152 students in one year at Oprah’s school, by justingirl1989, Team Sugar, April 18 2008
- Oprah girls quit over Afrikaans, by Gavin Prins, News 24, May 5 2007