Outback Therapeutic Expeditions
Outback Therapeutic Expeditions is a behavior modification program using the concept of wilderness therapy. The areas around Sheeprock and Simpson mountain ranges is used to detain the teenagers. The target group is teenagers between 13 and 17. The program was founded in 2001 . However they used to operate under the name Walkabout in the past. It remains unclear if that occurred before 2001 and why they decided to change the name.
Presently the program is owned by Aspen Education Group.
The stay claims to be between 4 and 8 weeks but it is the staff together with the parents, who decide when the teenager can be released. Each teenager is placed in single gender groups.
Wilderness courses like this one is often used in custody wars. In a thread a father explains that his wife had his son taken to this specific wilderness course and he could not do anything about it because the wilderness course was in another state than the homestate of the boy, which meant that he had to file a lawsuit in Utah, which he could not afford .
In the news
14 year old Blake was banished to Outback, when his father on a Dr. Phil entertainment show admitted that he had some problems being a father after spending 8 1/2 years in prison 
- Survivor Group: Walkabout/Outback Wilderness Utah, Myspace
- Survivor group: Group for survivors of wilderness program, who are alive to tell their story, Myspace
- Forum: About Aspen Education on fornits.com
- Forum: Outback Therapeutic Expeditions, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: TIM LOWE Now at Outback Therapeutic Expditions...not disclos, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Aspen Education Group Programs - subforum on the message board of Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network (FICAN)
- Forum: Aspen - subforum on the message board of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)