Palm Lane Academy
Palm Lane Academy or Palm Lane Baptist Academy or Palm Lane Baptist Boarding Academy was a behavior modification facility for girls using the methods developed at the so-called Roloff homes.
It was located on 3193 Southwest Beard Street, Arcadia, Florida .
It closed in 2002 after allegations of intensive use of corporal punishment.
Several of the survivors have stated a connection to the Mountain Park Academy.
Among the boards members was the director of Victory Christian Academy - Michael Palmer.
- Info: Why Choose Park Lane Academy
- Info: Arcadia religious reform school accused of abuse in lawsuit, By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, The Herald Tribune, July 10, 2002 (Reprint from project Nospank]
- Info: Suit Says Mountain Park Religious School Uses Barbaric Discipline, Founder Calls Ex-Student's Allegations Ridiculous, By Matt Franck, St. Louis Post-Dispatch/July 9, 2002 (Reprint on Rick A. Ross Institute for the study of destructive cults, controversial groups and movements.)
- Info: UNITED STATES - Reformatory CP - May 2004, World Corporal Punishment Research
- Survivor groups: Palm Lane Baptist Academy on Classmates.com
- Survivor groups: Mountain Park Boarding Academy, Myspace
- Survivor groups: Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy, Myspace
- Forum: Fw: Child Torture and horrific abuse in Special Boarding Schools for, a thread on 01Angels Yahoo group
- Forum: I HATE GBS, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Update on Palm Lane Baptist Boarding Academy, a thread on Fornits webforum