Pittsburg Youth Academy
Pittsburg Youth Academy is a behavior modification program located in the Northern California.
They detain youth between 8 and 18.
They offer two programs:
A weekend boot camp
- 1) This program last from checking in on Friday at 5:00pm to checking out on Sunday at 5:00pm. They describe the program as stated on their homepage.
The youth then proceed into the gym area. The rules are read to them and the life skill sessions begin. We address such issues as anger management, academic awareness, self-esteem, family functioning, delinquent behavior, drugs and alcohol, pregnancy preventon, gang intervention, leadership, and many other life skill subjects.
7 or 30 day and residential programs
During a stay in these program the detained youth receive physical training each morning or when the drill instructor deems necessary. The detained youth are given three meals a day.
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Conduct Unbecoming, By Andrew Becker, CONTRA COSTA TIMES, February 2006 (Reprint from Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth)
- Info: The Community Advisory Commission of the City of Pittsburg, February 1 2006
- Forum: Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Your Feedback Needed!!!, a thread on Youthrights Webforum