Red Rock Ranch Academy
Red Rock Ranch Academy was a behavior modification facility located in St. George, Utah.
It closed in 2002. At time of the closure the owner was Abe Dalley .
RED ROCK RANCH ACADEMY IS CLOSING
(November 20, 2002) Abe Dalley, owner of Red Rock Ranch Academy, St. George Utah, 888-921-597, announced to Woodbury Reports Inc. that the outdoor program is in the process of closing. It should not be confused with Red Rock Canyon School.
In the news
16 year old Katie Lank from Virginia died January 13 2002 while being detained at the facility, when she fell about 70 feet into a crevasse. She died three weeks later from the injuries . The program closed short before their license were about to be suspended.
- 2002 Seen and heard, strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm
- Mirror site for Royal Gorge Academy
- Utah's residential treatment programs: Eight dead kids and counting..., Wasatch Watcher, October 13 2007
- Forum: Sue Scheff Sue Scheff Scheff Sue Scheff Sue Scheff, thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility and the death.
- Forum: Gayle Palmer DeGraff, thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility and the death.