Red Rock Ranch Academy
Red Rock Ranch Academy was a behavior modification facility located in St. George, Utah.
It closed in 2002. At time of the closure the owner was Abe Dalley .
RED ROCK RANCH ACADEMY IS CLOSING
(November 20, 2002) Abe Dalley, owner of Red Rock Ranch Academy, St. George Utah, 888-921-597, announced to Woodbury Reports Inc. that the outdoor program is in the process of closing. It should not be confused with Red Rock Canyon School.
A Ranch manager named Brian Lemmons later joined Royal Gorge Academy .
In the news
16 year old Katie Lank from Virginia died January 13 2002 while being detained at the facility, when she fell about 70 feet into a crevasse. She died three weeks later from the injuries . The program closed short before their license were about to be suspended.
- 1) 2002 Seen and heard, strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm.
- 2) Mirror site for Royal Gorge Academy
- 3) Utah's residential treatment programs: Eight dead kids and counting..., Wasatch Watcher, October 13 2007
- Forum: Sue Scheff Sue Scheff Scheff Sue Scheff Sue Scheff, tread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility and the death.
- Forum: Gayle Palmer DeGraff, tread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility and the death.