Sarasota Community School
Sarasota Community School is a behavior modification facility located on 845 S. School Avenue, Sarasota, Florida 34237 
They are able to detain up to 50 teenagers.
The facility closed on June 30 2009 .
The parents are encouraged to visit the facility before their child is banished. However the facility warns against bringing the teenager to the facility before enrollment.
Then students - current and past - will provide positive testimony regarding how much the school will help your child. The parent will be provided a 10 plus page contract - which when read carefully requires 'enrollment' through 'graduation' with complete annual fees paid regardless of length of stay. The school charges exorbitant tuition of over $5,400 per month.
Effective June 30, 2008 Sarasota Community School lost the Southern Colleges and Schools Association (SACS) accreditation. They have been contacted by SACS (12/Aug/2008) for removed of their reference, and the association was advised that a web-site update is forthcoming.
In the news
The building formerly housed facilities with the names Cold Springs, The Farm.
- Forum: sarasota community school- looking for info, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Sarasota Community School/Kanner academy, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Joseph Katz from DeSisto, a thread on Fornits webforum
- The facility on Google Maps
- Joseph Katz from DeSisto, a thread on Fornits webforum
- The Road To Teaching Part 14, How Military School
- Voucher plan for disabled grows, By STEPHEN HEGARTY, St. Petersburg Times, published November 23, 2001.
- Interest grows for special ed vouchers, by Stephen Hegarty, St. Petersburg Times, 07/23/01