It is named after Carl Matildur Schubert - a local businessman which started a shop in the town around 1868. In 1951 the facility opened based on his inheritance. 
Some of the departments use an individual approach. Others use a level system. The level system is partly based on self-evaluation and partly on the feedbacks from the staff.
In 2010 a documentary was made about the children placed at the facility. Four specific children were followed so the viewers could learn how the daily life at the facility 
- Info: Homepage of the facility