Scotts Valley School
Scotts Valley School is marketed a therapeutic boarding school located near Yoncalla in Oregon 
The targetgroup is teenagers of both genders.
The program last between 6 and 18 months.
The campus used to house a public school. The opening date public school remains unknown but texts online indicate a long history. The public school closed sometime in the 1970s. It was then an alternative school until around 1999. It was purchased by the founder Dr. David M. Thomas in 2008 
Today they offer 2 programs:
- Comprehensive Program (Last between 6 and 18 months)
- Focus Program (Last 90-days)
|Week Day||Saturday||Sunday||Week Day||Saturday||Sunday|
|8:30||Wake up||8:30||Wake up|
|8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch||8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch||8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch||8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch||8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch||8:40 - 8:50||Aerobics/Stretch|
|8:50 - 9:30||Breakfast||8:50 - 9:20||Shower||8:50 - 9:20||Shower||8:50 - 9:30||Shower||8:50 - 10:00||Free Time||8:50 - 9:30||Free Time|
|9:30 -10:00||Shower||9:20 - 10:00||Breakfast||9:20 - 10:00||Breakfast||9:30 -10:10||Breakfast||10:00 - 10:40||Breakfast||9:30 - 10:00||Shower|
|10:00 - 12:00||School||10:00 - 11:00||Clean Room||10:00 - 11:00||Spiritual Time||10:10 - 12:10||School||10:40 - 11:20||Shower||10:00 - 10:40||Breakfast|
|12:00 - 12:40||Lunch||11:00 - 12:20||Laundry||11:00 - 12:00||Group||12:10 - 12:40||Ed Video||11:20 - 12:10||Current Events||10:40 - 12:40||Weekend Event|
|12:40 - 1:40||School||12:20 - 1:00||Lunch||12:00 - 12:40||Lunch||12:40 - 1:20||Lunch||12:10 - 1:10||Clean Room||12:40 - 1:20||Lunch|
|1:40 - 2:40||CSP||1:00 - 2:00||CSP||12:40 - 1:40||CSP||1:20 - 2:20||School||1:10 - 1:50||Lunch||1:20 -2:20||Spiritual Time|
|2:40 - 4:40||School||2:00 - 2:45||Group||1:40 - 3:40||Weekend Event||2:20 - 2:40||Current Events||1:50 - 2:50||Laundry||2:20 - 4:20||PE|
|4:40 - 5:00||Current Events||2:45 - 4:45||Saturday Movie||3:40 - 4:10||Free Time||2:40 - 4:40||PE||2:50 - 3:50||CSP||4:20 - 5:40||CSP|
|5:00 - 5:50||Group||4:45 - 5:45||Personal Break||4:10 - 4:40||Clean Personal Area||4:40 - 5:40||CSP||3:50 - 5:50||PE||5:40 - 6:20||Dinner|
|5:50 - 6:30||Dinner||5:45 - 6:25||Dinner||4:40 - 5:00||Games||5:40 - 6:30||Group||5:50 - 6:30||Group||6:20 - 6:50||Clean Personal Area|
|6:30 - 7:00||Ed Video||6:25 - 7:00||Quiet Time||5:00 - 5:40||Dinner||6:30 - 7:10||Dinner||6:30 - 7:10||Dinner||6:50 - 7:50||Group|
|7:00 - 9:00||PE||7:00 - 9:00||PE||5:40 - 7:00||Quiet Time||7:10 - 9:10||School||7:10 - 9:00||Saturday Movie||7:50 - 9:00||Games|
|9:00 - 9:15||Reflections||9:00 - 9:15||Reflections||7:00 - 9:00 PE||9:10 - 9:20||Reflections||9:00 - 9:15||Reflections||9:00 - 9:15||Reflections|
|9:15 - 9:45||Prep for Bed||9:15 - 9:45||Prep for Bed||9:00 - 9:15||Reflections||9:20 - 9:45||Prep for Bed||9:15 - 9:45||Prep for Bed||9:15 - 9:45||Prep for Bed|
|9:45||Lights Out!||9:45||Lights Out!||9:15 - 9:45||Prep for Bed||9:45||Lights Out!||9:45||Lights Out!||9:45||Lights Out!|
The teenager can earn a GED or a high school diploma by the local high school.
They have two seminars. Parents and siblings over 16 are encouraged to attend a special version of the too.
In the news
- In 2015 the school ran into problems with their license after the authorities took interest in the conditions at the school.  In the end the school closed because they were unable to provide proper conditions for the students as the state demanded . The legal fight continued into 2016 
- The school seems to have been closed in April 16 - 2016.
- Info: Homepage of the facility
- Forum: Scotts Valley School - Maybe Coral Island Academy reborn, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Yoncalla School District sells property, by Teresa Williams, NRtoday, January 30, 2008
- The campus on google maps
- Description from the homepage of the facility
The Quest Seminar focuses on working through the natural defensiveness we use to guard against taking an honest look at the self-limiting beliefs which support behaviors which we would like to lose, most particularly those which hold others at a distance. It provides an incredible opportunity to look at the fears which we hold about being authentic and creative. Risk-taking and growth occur as a result of the inherent journey of self-discovery embedded in the Quest Seminar. This seminar is hard work, unless it isn't.
- Description from the homepage of the facility
The Focus Seminar provides an opportunity to take a look at the part of us that we would like to change for the better, and to stretch beyond our self-imposed limitations. It sharpens the life skills acquired in the Quest Seminar to a much higher level, resulting in an inspiring experience which is truly life-changing for participants who are willing to go the distance. Completion of the Quest Seminar is a pre-requisite for attending the Focus Seminar.
- THERAPEUTIC PROGRAMS AND COSTS, old version of the homepage
- 'Lack of food,' vulgar names: Abuse complaints at school for troubled teens, By Denis C. Theriault, The Oregonian/OregonLive, December 12 - 2015
- Boarding school cited for harsh discipline, By Hillary Borrud, Capital Bureau, December 11 - 2015
- Private school fights closure threat, By Alisha Roemeling, The Register-Guard, January 10 - 2016