Se updates on the page of Danish programs.
GAO Hearing in Progress
Following report has been released:
- Residential Treatment Programs - Concerns Regarding Abuse and Death in Certain Programs for Troubled Youth, Statement of Gregory D. Kutz, Managing Director Forensic Audits and Special Investigations and Andy O'Connell, Assistant Director Forensic Audits and Specials Investigations, October 10, 2007
Release of report
The Exploitation of Youth and Families in the Name of âSpecialty Schooling:â What Counts as Sufficient Data? What are Psychologists to Do? by Allison Pinto, Robert M. Friedman, and Monica Epstein, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida. American Psychological Association, CYF Newsletter, Summer 2005 (file dated 9/28/2005).
- February 29: Record-high ratio of U.S. adults in prison, USAtoday.com
- February 29: Vermont mulls lower drinking age, USAtoday
- March 2: AP: 13,000 claims of abuse in juvenile detention since '04, By Holbrook Mohr, Associated Press, published on USAtoday.com
- March 3: Dame's fears for 'adult' children, Children's author Dame Jacqueline Wilson has expressed concern that youngsters are growing up too quickly, BBC
- April 25: Marketing of boot camps under congressional scrutiny, Associated Press (Google News)
- April 28: Marketing of youth boot camps under investigation, by Nancy Zuckerbrod, Associated Press (Published in USAtoday)