Solhaven is a behavior modification facility located at several houses in the town of Farsoe, Jutland.
In the news
In 2007 a number of stories managed to reach the media from this remote location in Denmark .
Solhaven has an intake where the youth is isolated until the staff has shown the youth that they are the strongest. The facility was ordered to report all incident of fights directly to the politicians instead of filing them in a briefcase where the politician could read them if they cared to visit the facility.
An announced visit by members of the Danish parliament was cancelled and police reports were filled against a member of the Danish parliament, so the facility is in a way off-limit for any kind of supervision today .
The facility is the largest employer in the remote area, so the entire town in behind the facility and local criticism is not to be found due to the risk of losing jobs. After introduction of a structure of the public services in Denmark it is now up to the cityhall in the local community to supervise the facility, which is one of the largest employers. Rather expected they decided not to investigate further into the matter 
This is an article where the facility describe their approach to the treatment .
January 2007 a 16 year old boy was detained at a more secure facility after he had hit a staff member .
December 2007 it was published the local community has one of the highest numbers when it comes to violence among the youth. The facility acknowledge that the fact that the facility is located in the community contribute to this number. They are surprised that the number are not even higher .
- Plejere flåede mine trusser af (Staff ripped my underwear off), by POUL BØGH, BT, January 23 - 2007
- Forstander skulle kontrollere sig selv (The superintendent should control his own work), BT, January 23 - 2007
- Kvaliteten af tilsyn er forringet (The quality of survision has declined), by Søren Nielsen og Kenneth Sørensen, Nordjyske Aalborg, March 2 - 2008
- Vejen tilbage til livet(The road back to life), by Mikkel Hvid
- 16-årig dreng fængslet for vold på Solhaven (16 year old boy jailed), by Michael Skov Eskebjerg, Denmarks Radio, January 26 - 2007
- Tilfældighed at Farsø topper voldsstatistik (Coinsidence that Farsoe is at the top of statistic), by Nordjyske, Denmarks Radio, december 17 - 2007
- Info: Ombudsmand undersøger Solhaven ved Farsø (The ombudsman investigate Solhaven near Farsoe), by Christine Nørgaard, Denmark Radio, January 26 - 2007
- Info: "Solhaven" sat under opsyn: DF arbejder fortsat for skærpet lovgivning Solhaven is under supervision. The Danish people party are working for tougher regulation, The Danish People Party, October 24 - 2006
- Info: Vesthimmerland svigtede tilsyn (Authority failed to supervise), by Søren K Nielsen, Denmarks Radio, February 3 - 2008