Storm Ridge Ranch
Storm Ridge Ranch is is behavior modification facility with two campuses located in Monroe, Utah and Marysvale, Utah .
The length of the program is about 9 to 12 months.
They detain boys aged 13 to 17. The Monroe facility can detain 16 boys and the Marysvale facility can detain 24 boys.
They use a level system with three known levels.
The detained teenagers have to write a letter once a week to family and approved members on their contact list.
After the initial 2 week orientation and reaching level 1, all the detained teenagers will have 1 weekly family phone call, and 1 weekly family therapy conference call at level 3.
Detained teenagers on level 2 are eligible for off-site visits. Once they reach level 3, they are eligible for home visits.
According to their webpage the weekday schedule looks like this:
- 7:00 - 8:00 Wake up and School Preparation
- 8:00 - 8:30 Breakfast - Dishes
- 8:30 - 3:00 School
- 3:00 - 3:30 Chores
- 3:30 - 6:00 Laundry, Community Service, Prepare Dinner, Sports Activities
- 6:00 - 7:00 Dinner - Dishes
- 7:00 - 7:30 Exercise and journal writing
- 7:30 - 9:30 Therapy and/or Free Time
- 9:30 - 10:00 Clean Up
- 10:00 Prepare For Bed
- 10:15 Lights Out
The claim that they are acredited by Northwest Association of Schools and Programs but a report from the state of Utah points out some problems regarding the education and their self-study program 
They are claimed to be using Positive Control Systems 
In the news
An article published in BellaOnline described a typical story. According to the article they have their own escort division. A boy was tied with handcuff made of ropes at home in his own bedroom and told that he had to walk to the car in underwear barefoored if he want to go without being cuffed .
- Info: Program Homepage
- Survivor group: Ex Storm Ridge Inmates, myspace
- Forum: storm ridge ranch marysvale, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: STORM RIDGE RANCH ??, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Monroe facility on Google Maps
- Report from the state of Utah
- Our Programs, Positive Control Systems
- Tough Love Boot Camps-Putting Your Child in Danger, by Kristen Houghton, BellaOnline - The voice of women