Summit School (Nyack, New York)
Summit School is a (also referred to as Summit Children's Residence Center) is a residential school located in Upper Nyack, New York 
It was founded in 1974 and serves about 140 students .
There are teenagers labeled both "day students" and "resident students".
Each teenager works based on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) planned with the local school district. The typical school day last from 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m, Monday through Friday. 
In 2002 a 15 year old student suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder died after having been pushed from a second-story window . A 17 year old student and roommate suffering from severe Asperger syndrome was charged and later convicted for second-degree murder 
December 2007 a former resident gave her story about her stay at the facility 
- About the school on Wikipedia.
- Survivor group: Summit School Alum PSN, facebook
- Forum: Death at Summit School in NY, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Summit Children's Residence & School, what is the story?, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: 10 residential treatment centers, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- The facility on Google maps
- Education, therapy and social support, homepage of the school
- Individual crafted academic programs, homepage of the school
- Metro Briefing | New York: Upper Nyack: Student Charged In Fatal Plunge,By Lisa W. Foderaro, The New York Times, October 10, 2002
- Murder Charge in Fatal Plunge of Student, 15, By Lisa W. Foderaro, The New York Times, October 10, 2002
- My Story, a thread on Fornits webforum
- 15-year-old girl found dead Friday at Summit school, by Lee Higgins, Lohud - The Journal News, September 9, 2014
- 15-year-old's death at Summit school ruled suicide, by Steve Lieberman, Lohud - The Journal News, September 9, 2014