Sunhawk Academy is placed on 948 North 1300 West, St. George, Utah 84770  (It is a side road to West Sunset Boulevard) and has room for 98 detainees.
It did open in 1996.
It is owned by Aspen Education Group.
By 2006 they not longer accept teenagers without a claimed substance abuse program, where they in the past took on all kind of problems 
They use a level system with 4 phases.
The use an area around Little Creek Mesa in Washington County for their outings lasting 28 days  . Locations in the mountains near Milford and Minersville and an area called Arizona strip are also used.
In the news
In 2002 two girls asked for the car-keys from a staff member. They took the car and wrecked it after a police chase 
- The facility on Google Maps
- Visit report SUNHAWK ACADEMY, strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm
- Washington County Planning Commision Meeting, January 28 2003
- The area they use for their outings on Google maps
- SUNHAWK "ACADEMY", St George, Utah, Thread on Fornits Webforum
- Survivor Group: What happened to Sunhawk Kids, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Sunhawk Academy Alumni, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Sunhawk Academy, Myspace
- Forum: Fornits - Aspen Group
- Forum: Tread about Sunhawk on Community Alliance for the Fair and Ethical Treatment of Youth
- Forum: Aspen Education Group Programs - subforum on the message board of Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network (FICAN)
- Forum: Aspen - subforum on the message board of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: SUNHAWK ACADEMY, ST GEORGE UTAH, a thread on the message board of HEAL-online showing that facilities like Sunhawk can be used as custody prisons in order to prevent non-costodial from having access to the child.