Sunrise RTC or Sunrise Academy is a behavior modification facility marketed as a residential treatment program. It is located on 65 North 1150 West Hurricane, Utah.
They use a level system with 6 levels named:
The privileges that follows with a certain level are not listed but the level system seems to be somehow similar to the level system used at New Haven RTC, which are marketed by the same company.
The first 21 days there are no direct communication between child and parents unless the call is done in relation with a family therapy session where the communication by nature is monitored.
After the initial period a phone call per week is allowed.
They state that they hope that the parents will visit the detained teenager often, but whether the visit is on campus only or off campus or home visits are allowed is not stated.
Each of the detained teenagers live in a room with 2 or 3 roommates.
A 17 year old girls died during an outing due to a traffic accident. A lawsuit is ongoing due to the drivers alleged behavior shortly the accident took place .
- Info: Program homepage
- Forum: Lawuit Filed Against Sue Scheff /PURE - FOCAL POINT ACADEMY, thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora mentioning the facility
- Forum: Sunrise Girls Academy, thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Recent Death of girl at the hands of Sunrise Academy], thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Program details on NATSAP
- Sunrise Academy Rollover Accident Takes Life of London Teen, Ron Kramer - Attorney at Law, October 19, 2010
British girl who survived swine flu is killed in US car crash, by Mark Prigg, The London Evening Standard, October 22, 2010