The Aspen Institute for Behavioral Assessment
The Aspen Institute for Behavioral Assessment is a intense clinical program where teenagers can be detained and diagnosed.
The facility is located on 2732 West 2700 South, Syracuse, UT 84037 (Not far from Island view, which offers a long term treatment program in the same kind of surroundings.
According to the webpage the program is 6 weeks.
They offer two kind of services.
- a) They serve as backup, if a detained child in an other program needs to be detained in a hospital environment.
- b) They are able to detain a child delivered direct from home and diagnose the individual until they have found the program, which could suit the economical profile of the parents.
There are offering an intense weekly program of therapy, which according to their webpage are:
|Individual Therapy||3 X 40 min.per. week|
|Group Therapy||5 X 50 min.per. week|
|Family Therapy/Consultation (On-site family therapy required)||1 X 50 min. per. week|
|Chemical Dependency Group||2 X 50 min. per. week|
|Leisure Education||1 X 1 hour per. week|
|Recreational Therapy||1 X 1 hour per. day|
|Diversionary Activities||1 X 1 hour per. day|
|Cardiovascular Activities||1 X 1 hour per. day|
|Structured Classroom Learning||5 x 4 hours per. week|
|Primary Care and Medication Administration||24 hours per day/7 days per. week|
|Psychiatric Rounds conducted by a board certified Psychiatrist||3 x per. week|
|Informal Milieu Groups including Activities for Daily Living||Daily|
They have two levels at the facility:
- Level 1 refers to a those detainees that is resistant to the process.
- Level 2 refers to a those detainees, who are working the program. When reaching level 2 daily privileges are given.
- Aspen's own "brightway" - Thread from Fornits.